Sunday 19 June 2016

Top 3 Meals - 19/06/16

It literally feels like 2 minutes since I did last weeks post, where does time go lately? This week has been great, the only day I was off plan was Friday and that was so I could have a celebratory lunch after weigh in! 

I'm a bit nervous about this week, I've got a few social events on but I'm going to try my hardest to stay as on plan as possible. As well as this I'm going to try flexi-synning to see if that will help me. Although knowing me I'll probably forget until I've had all my daily syns!

Anyway, back to this post. I have some damn tasty meals this week and I'm actually struggling to pick my top three, so here goes.


Tandoori and Lime Chicken

This meal came from me rummaging around in the cupboards trying to work out how I could make a chicken breast more interesting. When I was contemplating this idea I wasn't really expecting it to turn out well at all, but boy was it good.



You can find my recipe here which also includes the mint and cucumber dip I made too.


Chicken and Potato Curry

I bought a massive bag of spinach which I was trying to find different uses for. I'm always a fan of spinach in curries so I searched to see if I could find a Slimming World recipe for one and I found the simplest looking recipe ever. It was great because I already had all the ingredients in the house which is definitely a bonus for me as I hate recipes that have obscure ingredients that you barely use.



My brother who is the fussiest eater ever made me save him some of this curry, which I think says a lot about how nice it is. Visit the Goodtoknow website for this recipe.


Chicken Supreme

I have literally only just eaten this meal but it was that tasty that it couldn't not make the list this week. My dad even said it was one of the best things I've cooked recently as it had such a lovely flavour without it being overpowering. For me, anything that feels creamy and luxurious whilst being syn free is definitely a winner.



Serving this with chips and spring greens made it such a simple but healthy meal. I even have some leftovers saved to have for my lunch tomorrow with my cauliflower rice. You can find the recipe here on the Slimming World website. It says it serves two but I've just about managed to get three portions on it if you fill the plate up with speed first. 


Have you tried any of these meals? Which is your favourite?




No comments:

Post a Comment