Sunday 12 June 2016

Top 3 Meals - 12/06/16

This blog is a way for me to feel a lot more motivated whilst following the Slimming World plan and share my highs and lows. One thing I struggle with is remembering what meals I have really enjoyed so I can make them again in future. Hence why I'm going to try and do a weekly roundup of my favourite meals from that week along with a link to the recipe if it's available. This post is for you as much as it is myself as I always find it interesting to see what other people have made and what they think about certain recipes.

Grapenuts, Quark and Fruit

When I first started following the Slimming World plan I really struggled with breakfasts and I was having eggs most days which became slightly boring. Once the weather started picking up I decided I want some more fruity breakfasts to reflect the lovely weather.

This one is a simple one - Grapenuts (35g is hexb), Arla Protein Strawberry (1 syn) and Tesco breakfast topper.


I usually struggle when I'm nearing the time to do another food shop with getting speed into my diet so this frozen fruit is perfect for these days. This one contains Strawberry, Peach, Pineapple and Mango which gives a lovely tropical flavour to breakfast. You can find it here.


Nacho Style Feast

This is hands down my favourite Slimming World meal so far, I've had it on two separate occasions this week. It's perfect for when you're wanting some naughty without using any syns (if you're using the cheese as your healthy extra) as it feels very decadent.


The recipe can be found here on the Slimming World website.


Sweet Chilli Beef

My favourite dish from the Chinese is Crispy Chilli Beef so when I came across this SW friendly version on Pinterest I knew I had to try it. Boy was it delicious, the beef didn't go as crispy as I would have liked but I think I got a bit too over excited and rushed cooking it as I didn't want to have to wait to eat it.


I served this with some jasmine rice and tenderstem broccoli and it was so damn good! You can find the recipe at this link.


I'm already planning some tasty meals for this week. I have a lot of random frozen bits of meat and fish so my plan is to use as many of these as possible to try and clear the freezer out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment